SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

California by FSQ

roundycat

Hi all,

I thought I would jump onto Martin's celebratory bandwagon and show you what the California neb looks like at 530mm with a full size chip. Took this one last month and forgot I had it. Showing here with the Moon just to underline how big the nebula is.

You are going to love that scope Martin!

Dennis

Hmmm, not bad, but I bet you cant put a Rowntree's fruit pastille in your mouth without chewing it............

That's a stunner Dennis. Cant get over the gains in contrast and clarity. I think I'm going to have to start limiting myself to viewing your (and Martins) pictures to one a week, or month. I cant start dreaming about Tak's, I just cant!!!!

Nice touch with the moon as well. Do you have any rgb for this one?

TJ

Beautiful images Dennis. Over 4 degrees in length, as Indicated by the moon in the second image. As TJ the contrast and clarity are amazing. Xi Persei the bright star below, just adds to the overall beauty of the nebula. I love superimposed moon is for size comparison. :(

Ron. :D

thanks for the nice comments guys. I have shown below an older version which underlines why I wanted to get it all in one bit. I think the mosaic was done with the TMB but it's not a patch on a one piece picture. I tried to get some G and B to go with the Ha tonight but in spite of an early dinner by the time I had finished it had clouded over.

Dennis

post-15519-133877351588_thumb.jpg

Archived