NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M82

astro mick

Hi.

Last night turned out to be a good night for imaging,if a little windy where i am.Anyway turned to the popular M82 as not too near the Moon.

This is a HaLRGB image of around 2.5hrs for the LRGB each,and 4hrs with a 12nm Ha filter.Unfortunately my scopes don't have a long focal length,so the image is a bit small.I added the spikes,but don't know whether they suit this image.Please let me know if you do or don't like them.

I did,nt really want to crop the image so left as is.M82c.thumb.png.f6acd760e1d3ac95637cc84f06d51a9a.png

Fully calibrated.

Mick.

Edited by astro mick
  • Like 15

Nice one Mick - I think you've done amazingly well to get that much of M82 in LRGB recognising the moon.

Personally I think the star of the show is M82 and not the stars - it's the glowing hydrogen coming from the core that needs to be the focus of attention for me.

Thanks for sharing.

Adrian

Edited by Adreneline
Typo

While I agree the eyes should be on M82, I quite like spikes 🙂  As a newtonian photographer, I'm quite used to them.  However, in the first image, they are too sharp compared to the M82 and too big to look natural.  Soften and shrink  them down a bit, or leave them out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, astro mick said:

Thanks guys,appreciate the comments.Thanks for the feedback on the spikes.Here is a slightly cropped image without.

Mick.

IMHO much better - eye just goes straight to M82... nice work Mick 🙂

• Like 1