Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQMOD gamepad

Astrokev

Hi All

Please could someone advise on a good wireless gamepad to control EQMOD using a Windows 10 PC ?

Had a quick look on Amazon but there's loads of different types and I'm a little unsure what to get!

I had a cheap wired version, which has just failed :( 

Many thanks

I bought one of these from Amazon 
EasySMX Wireless Game Controller, 2.4G Wireless Game Controller, Dual Shock, TURBO for Android Phone or Tablet with OTG Function & PS3/PC/TV or TV Box (Black and Red Joystick) [2020 Edition]

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RLQH47P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is well made and solid.

5 hours ago, Merlin66 said:

Check out:

Thanks Merlin. I did have a quick search through previous SGL posts but most, as with this one, are a few years old now, so wondered if these recommendations may now be outdated. I'll have a read through though - thanks for pointing me at this. :)

2 hours ago, JamesF said:

Nice to see you posting again, Kev.  You've been very quite since your observatory was finished.

James

Yeah. I've been sitting in it watching the clouds drift by ;)

Been off SGL for a while as you say. Need to raise my game!

Obsy still not fully finished (are they ever). I should revisit my obsy thread and tidy up some loose ends. I assume yours is up and running now?

Mine is up and running yes, though also not yet really complete :)  The barn conversion has eaten rather more cash than I planned which hasn't helped, but I also got to the stage of being able to use it and the remaining jobs to finish the actual structure lost a little urgency as a result.  I have been working on other related projects that have become more practical now I've progressed that far though, such as making dew heater controllers and rebuilding my weather station.  I also want to build some USB focus controllers and do a mount belt mod.

Not that it has had as much use as I'd hoped, given the astonishingly poor weather that much of western Europe seems to have had for the last six months.

James

8 hours ago, JamesF said:

Not that it has had as much use as I'd hoped, given the astonishingly poor weather that much of western Europe seems to have had for the last six months.

James

Yes, the weather has been diabolical over the last few months. Last imaging session I had was Dec 1st. It's beyond depressing now!

15 hours ago, TerryMcK said:

I bought one of these from Amazon 
EasySMX Wireless Game Controller, 2.4G Wireless Game Controller, Dual Shock, TURBO for Android Phone or Tablet with OTG Function & PS3/PC/TV or TV Box (Black and Red Joystick) [2020 Edition]

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RLQH47P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is well made and solid.

Thanks Terry. It looks good. Have you had any problems with it?  I've heard / read that some wireless controllers can have a small delay before the motors start to move?

Also -  does it hold it's calibration between sessions?  Again, I've heard that some require re-calibration every session, which sounds a bit of a faff.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Astrokev said:

Yes, the weather has been diabolical over the last few months. Last imaging session I had was Dec 1st. It's beyond depressing now!

Pretty much the same for me.  The worst thing is the number of targets that I've only got partial data for.  One night a particular target looks good, but you don't complete capturing data because time runs out, and by the next time it's viable taking Moon phases into account you're scrabbling for data before it disappears below the horizon :(

James

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Astrokev said:

Thanks Terry. It looks good. Have you had any problems with it?  I've heard / read that some wireless controllers can have a small delay before the motors start to move?

Also -  does it hold it's calibration between sessions?  Again, I've heard that some require re-calibration every session, which sounds a bit of a faff.

Thanks

No absolutely no issues with it. Yes it holds calibration well in Ascompad.

• Like 1