SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Orion widefield

Gordon G

Seems like ages since i have been out, played with an image in paintshop of orion i took about 6weeks ago ( same time as i took m45 i posted ).

A it's a little noisy. 800asa 426secs 350d, piggybacked on my lx200. Taken with the standard Canon 18-35mm lens.

Just make out the HH, flame and just getting the rosette ( very just ).

Just need a fix of night sky.

image.jpg

Cheers

Gordon

Nice image Gordon just a tad greenish Looking on my monitor until James had played with it some more and then it looks really something perhaps James will tell you how he got it from and to if we ask nice. How about it mate help us novices (ME)a bit more :lol:

Cheers Guys

Just needed a sky fix :lol:

James nice tweak :) thanks for that, err Tips please, still not totally got to grips of photoshop software.

Forgot to add, I used a 2" CLS Filter, i got a step down ring 58mm to 48mm so the CLS Filter will fit straight to the front of standard lens, Just tried it as an experiment. Picture was cropped slightly as at the edges as the filter caused a violet ring around the whole piccy.

Cheers

Gordon

Crikey, didn't realise there was that much detail ! when i played all i seem to bring out was noise :lol:

Cheers for the tweaks fellas, i really appreciate it, it's nice to see that more can be done and i still got loads to learn.

Cheers

Gordon

So Rog, now we know about your magic wand. You are THE MAN with images, not just imaging. Can I be the first to beg the details?

OK so now you have two books to write so that I can buy 'em.

Gordon, really well done mate for the image. Can you give us details of how, what with etc? Surely you used a filter to get horsey, 'cos I can't get anything close to what you have done here. Could be a Nikon/Canon thing as I don't get anything at all when I go for the horsehead. This is my current target for a good image (first target, not done it yet) as I know where it lives AND I can find it in the 'scope.

Well done both on the first image and Rog's fine tuning.

Captain Chaos

This cloud has GOT to go away otherwise I'll keep looking on e-bay and stuff until I buy some more gear and that can't help.

Archived