Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Crescent Moon through new Camera

GordonD

Bit of a Christmas present - new ZWO ASI290MC. I have used an unguided DSLR before, but this is the first time with a dedicated astro camera. Videos taken on 30th December, early evening. Trying to learn how to use Firecapture and Autostakkert. There are a lot of wires, what with the camera, PC and a new dew heater strap as well!

This is a mosaic of 4 images at prime focus of a SW120ED. Photoshop Elements did an excellent job of stitching them together with no help or guidance from me, which I though was impressive. A bit over processed I suspect, but pleased with it for a first go.

20200101_Moon_stitch.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Ah you'r very kind, Paul. Thank you.

And yes I agree, Des, I did take time after all the faffing (and fun!) with the photo kit to put an eyepiece back in and just sit, and look, and enjoy the view. Important, I think, not to forget that is the best bit.