NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Ultra NB Filters

Starflyer

I've been considering a set of these (1.25") for while now and keep checking on FLO's site, only to see their unavailable or long leadtime.

Is there a problem with these filters, either quality or manufacturing, or is it that they're just too popular and Baader can't make enough?

At the price they are, and if they perform as expected, I'd have thought they'd fly off the shelves.

I put in an order for the full set in 2". I have the Oxygen and Sulphur, but *still* waiting on the Hydrogen. I'd have to check my order email, but it must be 3-4 months now.

When I emailed @FLO I was informed that Baader were having production problems.

Edit: FLO did offer to refund the cost of the filter, but as I've had unrelated delays before I can put them into service, I've decided to wait. I may get a 7nm one as a stopgap.

Edited by DaveS

2 hours ago, DaveS said:

I put in an order for the full set in 2". I have the Oxygen and Sulphur, but *still* waiting on the Hydrogen. I'd have to check my order email, but it must be 3-4 months now.

When I emailed @FLO I was informed that Baader were having production problems.

I'm having unpleasant flashbacks of the time when BGO eyepieces were allegedly still available despite no-one having any to sell, eventually being replaced by the BCO range after more than a year of "production problems".

James

Thanks for all the replies.

I didn't want to be an early adopter for these filters so I waited, but it seems Baader can't make enough of them, or can't make them reliably / efficiently in decent quantities.

I think I'll continue to wait and save for a set of Chroma filters.