NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lost in translation!

ollypenrice

I've just received a copy of the Dutch Astrofoto Bulletin which features one of my Astronomy Now articles - in Dutch.Ā Rather exciting.Ā It was translated by our regular guest Frans Kroon and permission for publication was kindly provided by Astronomy Now's editor Keith Cooper. When it came out in English I was half expecting flak from it since I essentially argue that a 6 inch refractor can run much bigger reflectors very close in DS imaging. I now have a second opportunity to be mauled by angry reflector owners...

:icon_mrgreen:lly

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The reality of it when the Dutch Reflector Lovers abuse starts to pour in to Les Granges - the last reported sighting of the Penrice.....

ryan-sandes-runs-in-the-mountains-of-chamonix.thumb.jpg.175aa52c08ad5acef4889e2bcef79dba.jpg

[Edit] meant to add - well done on getting the article printed again! I enjoyed it the first time, though I do think I'd struggle with it in Dutch!

Edited by PhotoGav
  • Like 2

As much as I think truss tube RCs totally look the business, and have generally beenĀ considered to be the instrument of choice for small targets, yourĀ article and the surrounding discussionsĀ on SGL convinced me to go the refractor route. MyĀ efforts with it to date have not changed my view, indeed I have recently purchased another for a dual rig to be set up in the not too distant future.

Anyway, in my experience the Dutch are a very amiable people, andĀ they do love to chat. They haveĀ keptĀ me engagedĀ in the hotel bar well into the early hours on numerous business trips. You couldnā€™t pick a nicerĀ people to haveĀ a lively debate with.ā˜ŗļø

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PhotoGav said:

The reality of it when the Dutch Reflector Lovers abuse starts to pour in to Les Granges - the last reported sighting of the Penrice.....

ryan-sandes-runs-in-the-mountains-of-chamonix.thumb.jpg.175aa52c08ad5acef4889e2bcef79dba.jpg

[Edit] meant to add - well done on getting the article printed again! I enjoyed it the first time, though I do think I'd struggle with it in Dutch!

It's a long time since I could run like that guy!

Olly

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, tomato said:

Anyway, in my experience the Dutch are a very amiable people, andĀ they do love to chat. They haveĀ keptĀ me engagedĀ in the hotel bar well into the early hours on numerous business trips. You couldnā€™t pick a nicerĀ people to haveĀ a lively debate with.ā˜ŗļø

That has always been my experience, too.

James