Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Reducer spacing diagram

Hi,

I can never find the diagram I want 0 the one that shows if you are too close or far from the correct reducer spacing - maybe one of the mods could pin it once its found?  Anyway, is this image from the top right corner too close or far?

topleft.JPG

3 minutes ago, blinky said:

I can never find the diagram I want 0 the one that shows if you are too close or far from the correct reducer spacing - maybe one of the mods could pin it once its found?  Anyway, is this image from the top right corner too close or far?

There's one on the Altair Astro website.

Dave

Also.... Just to confirm Im not being silly... The WO FLat 73a flattener I have is adjustable, I had it set around the 11.4mm but have just increased it slightly, this is the correct thing to do yeah?  I mean I should not need to leave it at 11.4 and then put in spacers between the camera and the flattener?  Sorry for the silly question!

Just now, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Do you have a filter in between flattener and camera. if so you need to add 1/3 of the filter thickness to the 11.4 mm.

Steve

I do - I have the ZWO 7 position filter wheel with LRGB/Ha/O3/S2 filters, so looks like Im correct to expand it a little then

Just now, blinky said:

I do - I have the ZWO 7 position filter wheel with LRGB/Ha/O3/S2 filters, so looks like Im correct to expand it a little then

Yes, I have Baader filters at 2 mm thickness so need to add about 0.7 mm, I think I read somewhere the ZWO ones may be 3 mm so looks like you may need to add 1mm.

Steve