Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Kelling wide angle.

I've returned from this Autumn's star party and have now done a little processing. Myself and a couple of other campers went down to the fishing ponds in the woods. The weather was ok Thursday and Friday although you can see a few thin high clouds in the images.

As I can't see too well at the moment I think I've over done the processing, but it's hard for me to tell ! 🤔

The Milky Way shot is the bottom pond and is 10 x 20 seconds, f 1.8 at ISO 1600. Processed to lift the shadows and sky. The stars are what I feel I've over done. The other straight image is the top pond and more or less the same settings but just 3 subs. Both run through Sequator and even though I only used 3 subs the noise still dropped significantly.

The star trail shot is 120 x 30 seconds. This was also run through Sequator as it has a trails and motion feature. It worked out better than the other two main apps I used to use. Sequator doesn't brighten the image as it stacks ( if you don't want it to )

1066319400_Sequatorpond.thumb.jpg.c55a9feda27bec05f09bcf836f6f4f89.jpg

328759486_Sequatortoppond.thumb.jpg.229218a412e45997071fda2fec2bbeea.jpg

892677276_Sequator120motion.thumb.jpg.2403118361bccd56b6383f94f27a4206.jpg

Dave 

Edit - forgot to say ,,, Nikon Z6 and Sigma 14mm lens 

Edited by davew
  • Like 17

Lovely images as always Dave :)

Good to see you remembered your camera and tripod ;)

You've controlled the light pollution well Dave - isn't the first one aimed straight at Holt? (runs off to look at a map!)

James

• Like 1

Three crackers Dave,  Particularly the composition of the second image.   took me a while to work out the bright star at the top of the image is Kochab, seemed brighter than I expected for some reason, im out of practice 😉  will I see you at Keilder in a few weeks?

Mark

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, James said:

Lovely images as always Dave :)

Good to see you remembered your camera and tripod ;)

You've controlled the light pollution well Dave - isn't the first one aimed straight at Holt? (runs off to look at a map!)

James

Cheers James,

For those that don't know, James is referring to the fact I always forget a vital piece of equipment when ever I go out. Yes, even my camera once !

It is in line with Holt so I used a touch of Orange reduction and it seems to have worked.

35 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

What a magical location, love that pond setting.

The middle and bottom are my favourites and the startrails are super reflected.

Hope your eyes recover well.

It is nice down there and very quiet other than the deer and owls :)

There was hardly a breath of wind in the trees so the reflections worked very well.

35 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

All great images but really love the star trails! 

Sequator goes from strength to strength. It looks cleaner than both StarStax and Startrails. 

9 minutes ago, Astroscot2 said:

Three crackers Dave,  Particularly the composition of the second image.   took me a while to work out the bright star at the top of the image is Kochab, seemed brighter than I expected for some reason, im out of practice 😉  will I see you at Keilder in a few weeks?

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I think some of the stars look brighter than they should because of the very thin cloud up there.

I'll be at Kielder so I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

Dave.