Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

redfox1971

williams optics star shapes.

13 hours ago, redfox1971 said:

pinched optics

Hi. Triangular stars; I'd put good money on it. But hey, you have to go looking;)

1 hour ago, newbie alert said:

phone won't open

s.png.4c6002abea10f8b73e534c81df2b78f8.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks all it does look like pinched optics would it be the element at the front of the scope that needs slightly lossening off or at the focusser end 

Is looks like it could be, but if you have had this scope from new I would go back to the retailer and get it fixed.  even if it is beyond your guarantee period if you can show it was like it from the beginning. 

Carole 

30 minutes ago, carastro said:

Is looks like it could be, but if you have had this scope from new I would go back to the retailer and get it fixed.  even if it is beyond your guarantee period if you can show it was like it from the beginning. 

Carole 

Thanks Carole I will look back at some images I had from new I bought it new flo before they started checking them before dispatch.i seem to remember the images were always worse when we had frosty nights.