Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Views south.

cotterless45

Righto , race the Devils light bulb ! We get a huge Moon glow which sort of puts off further peering. In addition the temperature plummeted giving huge dew . Didn't notice until I sat down on the observing perch. Kicked off with NGC 281 ("Pacman" in Cassiopeia), the little triple here is quite obvious. Didn't get much joy from the "running man" cluster in Perseus ( binary clusters NGC 1545 and the better NGC 1528),too bright. Still waiting for our nearest lenticular galaxy , NGC 1023. At +9.5, this used to be a fair edge of town target. Expect someone up there's saying the same thing about the Milky Way!

Then Saturn , picking out the Cassini at x77, impressive with 4" aperture. Something really nice about the 13mm Nagler , gives stunning marble stars. Over to try M11 and a buzz of stars here.

Back up to Aquila and some stunning views . Try 5 Aquilae , quite a feat to pick out the multiple. Picked out the 1.8" companion in H1 and the very challenging triple to h881. Best was the very faint companion to Σ2677. As soon as I first looked with a 25mm ep, it popped out just scanning around. However it was the very devil to tie down when doing a quick sketch. Normally it's the other way around. 

Impressive night , as usual clear with a glaring Mega moon. Least it's waning and we'll get some 

clear skies ! 

Can hardly wait for this ! https://www.ukastroshow.com/

Nick.IMG_7153.thumb.JPG.fd7de4ed07ca7f49ae3d0da3981a3f24.JPGIMG_7154.thumb.JPG.e13684417181c1852f79ae20e7b30d5f.JPGIMG_7155.thumb.JPG.185e12efea7af00a91f8fc88f9f143f5.JPG

• Like 7

19 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

Lovely read Nick, as ever, thanks..

I must admit that with the moon so bright lately, (and climbing SO high, SO fast??), I didn't bother this past few nights. But the worst is over now..

Not long now til Orion etc are back to play😀😀..

Dave

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 2

Nick

I had a look at h1 Aquila last night using my 20 inch dob. 

It is lovely but very tight. It split nicely using my 7mm eyepiece. Really special sight.

Thanks for your ongoing posts which provide such a treasure trove of ideas for things to observe.

Mark

• Like 1