Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Sadr Region HaSHO with RGB stars

Rodd

I have never succeeded at rendering a narowband image with RGB stars--until now.  Well, at least this is my best attempt.  It was complicated a bit by the fact that the scope was slightly miscollimated--but only slightly.  I don't have much luck with RGB images with RGB stars--can't seem to achieve a full stellar saturation--my stars are usually white with colored rims.  So I had to work on the RGB image a bit to get nice stars (it looks terrible on its own--but the stars trabsferred nicely).  The stars don't look very colorful at normal viewing--but when enlarged, the stars are colored, so not sure if they need more, less, or the same saturation level.

Image08b.thumb.jpg.b7ba307f23276f756b2419c1ff93ac65.jpg

• Like 11

1 minute ago, dave_galera said:

That is a cracking image, love the blue and orange/yellow rendered areas, and the contrast control is perfect.

Thanks Dave.  Sometimes yellow comes easilly, and sometimes it doesn't.  

Rodd

2 minutes ago, don4l said:

Superb!

I looked at it in full resolution.  If you split that image into 9 panels, then 6 of them would make brilliant images in their own right.

Thanks Don.  that is one of the things I like about the FSQ 106 with the .6x reducer and the small pixels of the ASI 1600.  You get a pretty big FOV and pretty decent resolution so you can create images out of crops.

Rodd