Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Custom length EQMOD cable

Anthonyexmouth

2 minutes ago, WanderingEye said:

www.dewcontrol.com

i had one made there... :)

Or cut the rj45 off and re fit your own, they just crimp on, and only use three wires..

Duh, completely missed the rj45 plug. too consumed with it being USB. RJ45 crimps are on the bench as i'm typing this. 

I cant imagine getting a custom length one made would be cheaper than butchering this one and buying a standard one as a spare. 

• Like 1

Alternatively you could get a bunch of Serial-USB converters. They are ceap and you can connect all sorts of things to your mount. Or PC.  😀

The long one is an EQDIRECT-USB, the short one EQDIRECT-Bluetooth, using a HC-06 module and a 7805 voltage regulator. The other end is a repurposed ethernet cable.

All the best

Sven

image.thumb.png.feb2c4f323a7c32c3fa362f7d624f9b1.png

Just now, Marvin Jenkins said:

I have an eqmod cable, chopped into pieces because it doesn’t work. You are welcome to the bits, perhaps you could make the perfect length cable out of it and spend a week of your life playing with a computer instead of looking at the sky like I did.

Marv

wow, i've been known to rage quit a game before but never chopped anything up in anger. lol. yeah if you dont want it i'd happily try and make use of it..

what happened? what was the issue?

• Haha 1

Thought it would be a good idea to control NEQ5 pro mount synscan V5 via Stellarium. Downloaded the EQMOD platform plus relevant drivers. Bought the EQMOD usb cable for 35 quid from FLO, connected everything, ran through the set up procedure, all the com port stuff and frankly the computer talks to the mount, the mount refuses to talk back.

I got on here for answers, and basically windows 10 doesn’t work with EQMOD yet. The thread is on here under software and frankly to get it to work would turn me into a pasty computer geek instead of a pasty Astro geek. I would rather look at the night sky than a computer screen

Marv

29 minutes ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

Thought it would be a good idea to control NEQ5 pro mount synscan V5 via Stellarium. Downloaded the EQMOD platform plus relevant drivers. Bought the EQMOD usb cable for 35 quid from FLO, connected everything, ran through the set up procedure, all the com port stuff and frankly the computer talks to the mount, the mount refuses to talk back.

I got on here for answers, and basically windows 10 doesn’t work with EQMOD yet. The thread is on here under software and frankly to get it to work would turn me into a pasty computer geek instead of a pasty Astro geek. I would rather look at the night sky than a computer screen

Marv

Win 10 most certainly does work with eqmod. 

38 minutes ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

I got on here for answers, and basically windows 10 doesn’t work with EQMOD yet.

That's quite simply not correct. W10 plays very nicely with EQMOD.

Not having a go - just don't want people reading that and believing it to be true.