Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Looking promising for tonight?

JamesF

Clear skies here at the moment and the forecast has it that way until 2am.

If it holds out my plan is to grab a few hours worth of OIII on M27 whilst working on stacking in oalive.

I was hoping to have addressed the mess that is my guiding after a meridian flip before now, but I've failed miserably in that ambition.  Fortunately I think M27 should be west of the meridian fairly early on.  Need to check that now.

James

• Like 1

Just called it a night, myself.  Got a good couple of hours in on M27 and spent some time working on oalive with a camera and telescope actually pointing at real stuff which has helped find a load of problems that I now need to go and sort out :)

James

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JamesF said:

Clear skies here at the moment and the forecast has it that way until 2am.

If it holds out my plan is to grab a few hours worth of OIII on M27 whilst working on stacking in oalive.

I was hoping to have addressed the mess that is my guiding after a meridian flip before now, but I've failed miserably in that ambition.  Fortunately I think M27 should be west of the meridian fairly early on.  Need to check that now.

James

Excuse my ignorance....what is oalive ?

7 minutes ago, Astrith said:

ok....Found the information....

I was just in the middle of typing :)

In case anyone else cares though, for some years I've been working on an open-source imaging application for Linux and MacOS, mostly for planetary and lunar/solar, called oacapture.  I've had a barely-started application more aimed towards EAA type use sitting around for some time that I've been putting a lot more work into over the last six months.  It shares a large amount of code with oacapture, but the UI is different.  That's oalive.

James

• Like 1