NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dreadful Camera Night

Stub Mandrel

14 hours ago, michael8554 said:

Just in case you want to try EOS Utilities, you're saying this:

"EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 29.1A for Windows (For users who cannot use the bundled CD"

Is only an updater? 

Wasn't last time I had to use it on a new PC. 

Michael 

Can you post a link to it? It doesn't come up if I search for my camera (450D) - I  have spent a lot of time searching for it recently and in the past.

Found it on the Canada site by searching for your whole sentence. It's marked as for Windows 8.1 which is why it wouldn't let me have it as it kept auto-detecting W10. Requested my serial number, which it accepted.

(another edit - found W10 version in Indonesia now I know what to search for - the 'solution disk software' - it has V2 of Eos utilities but won't le me download with me serial number saying it isn't for my device - so W8.1 version or bust!)

If it isn't available doesn't work I'll send @Davey-T a PM, thanks both.

Edited by Stub Mandrel

On 27/08/2019 at 09:58, Stub Mandrel said:

I haven't used it with USB for over two years!

But... I put a battery back in this morning and it dipalyed a menu. When I tried to get it into preview mode the blue 'pictbridge/computer connection' light started flashing feebly - I had to look at the manual to see what it was.

Seems it thinks its connected to something 😞

Something may be shorting the pins on the USB connection, give them a clean. 

28 minutes ago, Adam J said:

Something may be shorting the pins on the USB connection, give them a clean. 

I stared deeply into teh socket - clean as a whistle. My money is on moisture, especially as the symptoms weren't consistent. Fresh foam now pushed into all orifices!