Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette in ZS66

ollypenrice

Having spent so long getting the Ha for this, but being unhappy with it, I none the less had another look this afternoon and think this is a better one than I posted earlier. The earlier one used Luminance as well as Ha, this one Ha and RGB only.

Sorry about the username mixup, everyone.

Olly.

post-15040-133877350662_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Richie. I used an Atik 16HR mono, Baader's basic colour filters and an Astronomik Ha. The setup woud do a lot better but there was a fine high haze. I don't know what others think but this seems to clobber the green hardest of all. I had the dedicated FF-R in the 66. No darks or flats. I never take them but do use the hot pixel zapper in AstroArt.

Olly.

Not quite that clever, Mick. You set a threshold and the programme recognizes what are probably rogue pixels and, I suppose, gives them an value like their neighbours. I use the default setting.

It stops the odd little run of hot pixels stacked up like a staircase on the frame. I don't often get that but it's tedious when I do. The hot pixel filter seems spot on for stopping this. You can get orgaized and create a hot pixel map, too, in AstroArt. I just haven't sorted one out.

Olly.

Hi George,

I'm out there too, still with the ZS66 but on M42 and the Running Man. Good luck with the Rosette. What a lovely object. You can see it visually here but only the Genesis will fit it all in.

Which scope are you using?

Olly

PS Give my love to Stockport. I went to school in Bolton..some time ago!

Archived