Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

FREE all day conference to celebrate 50 years since Apollo 11

Three organisations have organised a full FREE Astronomy and Science Conference to celebrate 50 years since Apollo 11.

The poster shown below gives more information.

We have approval to show an original Apollo Space Suit and will have Moon Rock on display. You won't believe the security requirements for this!!

BT has given approval to allow a site visit around their Earth Station - this link will tell you so much more - this is a fantastic site - https://www.globalservices.bt.com/btfederal/en/products/satellite_services/earth_stations

There is activities for children and food is available on site.

Remember this is FREE but places are limited to 120 so if you want to come you need to apply now using this link - https://bit.ly/2IeEa7Z

star party001.jpg

star party002.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darula said:

Heloo 

Does anyone have any idea what is the difference between advance and astro extra tickets for a Giant Leap?? 

I am part of the committee that has organised the 'giant leap' conference and I am not sure what you mean. If you want to attend you simply register for the free event.

1 hour ago, Darula said:

Screenshot_20190625-152848.png

Thanks for posting that - the short answer is don't know. I can only assume one is related to the children's activity. However, I will ask the organiser from Project Link and come back to you.

Update - I have sent an email to Christianne 

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from this really enjoyable event. Thanks to Mark and all at Herefordshire Astronomical Society and for the folks with the Madeley Centre for such a nice venue :smiley:

Shall we have a 51st celebration this time next year ? :grin:

Well done Mark, superb event - I know you have at least one new member for Hereford Astro. Great final discussion on what the future may hold - perhaps different rocket power....

• 2 weeks later...