Test Images on my New Scope

Kai

Ive just spent a couple of hours breaking in my new William Optics Flt98 :)

Both are popular targets and are a stack of 15 x 5 min subs taken on my Sxvf 9 with a Baader 7nm Ha filter.Stacked in Maxim and a slight adjustment in curves and levels in Cs2

Firstly the Bubble Nebula

10512_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

And secondly the Flame Neb

10513_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Cant complain as the Clud Gods see to be busy elsewhere :D

Here you go Steve, as Billy says, may not be completely accurate but gives you a pretty good idea. As these pics show that is a great set up you've got there. The scope and camera really are a perfect match. You shouldn't have any field curvature problems so I wouldn't bother with the field flattener.

10523_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

HI Martin - did you convert the Jpegs - if you did it look like the results are pretty good - sayign that the wasnt much jpeg noise in Kais images anyway...

How flat do you really need to go...? My M72 FF III setup is about 13% at the corners but no easy way of adjustignthe spacing.....

Billy...

Here you go Steve, as Billy says, may not be completely accurate but gives you a pretty good idea. As these pics show that is a great set up you've got there. The scope and camera really are a perfect match. You shouldn't have any field curvature problems so I wouldn't bother with the field flattener.

10523_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Cheers Martin , another excuse out the window :)

Next test is to try the 6.3 reducer on the setup.

Archived