Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Milkyway core, rise above the LP

Walking back from shooting the arch around the other side of the lake i saw a small hill, so at 3am i hauled my bsackside up this hill and quite glad i did. you never know whats there till you look. 

this is 30 x 12" ISO 6400 

Sonya7rii

Tokina F2 FIRIN lens 

mw nantle.jpg

38 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Beautiful Danny.  Can you tell me a bit about the Tokina lens?

sure its the Tokina 20mm F2 Firin lens. its a new range from Tokina and its very very sharp  i paid £600 for an open box from wex. The MF is cheaper than the AF version both have the same optics, i have the AF version but couldnt find a MF one in stock any where. I'm really enjoying using it for astro and seascapes. its quite small considering its for a FF body. would i recommend  one ...sure would it's at its sharpest at F8 TO F11

16 minutes ago, davew said:

Two bright planets, the Milky Way, Pipe Nebula and a view to die for.

You've done it again,

Dave.

thanks Dave it was a last minute trip. the plan was to go out on the saturday evening but looking at the weather and moon set times i decided to go after work on Friday. i begged work to let me out 2 hours early lol  

Archived