NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M51 .

Brian28

Taken on 15th February and reprocessed over the last few days .. 

74 x 180 sec subs , taken with QHY163C camera on my Orion Optics CT8.

processed with DSS and Photoshop 

M51 V Good.jpg

Brian - you've got some great detail here but I think there are a couple of things you could try to make it even better...

There is a bit of a gradient - have you tried GradientXTerminator?  Pretty sure that will see it off...

As Ole says the colour balance seems a bit off - the galaxy looks very blue.  I appreciate that you are using a OSC camera but you can drop the blue a bit or raise the greens and reds...  You've got great kit and what looks like excellent data - well done on that - and you're a couple of tweaks away from having a terrific image.

Agreed, definitely good data there. I can't speak for colour balancing in PS, but from my experience with PI it's necessary to balance/calibrate the colour before any stretching of the image. Like I say, I can't offer any help with Photoshop in this regard.

Archived