Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CEM60 GPS never connects

john2y

Hey guys,

so I finally got a new mount and I was really excited about it, but after few nights with it I never got a GPS to connect, all I have is GPS ON. Only time it ever connected was in my room when I was testing it but when I take it on the balcony or even to garden, nothing. I'm running the newest firmware on all parts but it just won't connect. 

Any ideas how to fix this?

Jan

Did you leave it outside for at least 15 minutes trying to get a fix. If the GPS receiver has out of date or invalid satellite almanac data it has to download the full almanac of all the satellites from the first satellite it finds. This takes 12.5 minutes as it's sent at a fairly slow rate. it may take time to find the first satellite as not knowing where any of them are, it may try waiting for signals from satellites that aren't in view.

Alan

You should check if your HC has the right time, and if you set it does it retain it over a power cycle. IF not your HC battery is dead and it needs to be replaced. Or the GPS will have difficulties.

The electronics for the IEQ45 pro and CEM60 are supposedly the same. On the 45 if I slew it before it locks it never locks. I'd try to verify the above and then try turning it on and do nothing with it for 10 minutes to see if it locks.

Turns out it was loose connection of the GPS module to the main board. When I disassembled it and pushed the connector back all the way it started working, indoors, outside, everywhere ? 

Archived