Leo trio

paul mc c

7 minutes ago, Stargazer33 said:

Nice grab! You've got a good level of detail there.

What equipment were you using and how many frames did you stack; as there seems to be a lot of noise coming through. Still a great image even so. ?

18x500 sec lights,flats and bias no darks,c80ed and modded 450d with CLS filter,i know there is a lot of noise prob my processing......as i really dont know what i am doing.

1 hour ago, paul mc c said:

I know there is a lot of noise prob my processing......as i really dont know what i am doing.

See my previous post!!!!!

17 hours ago, paul mc c said:

18x500 sec lights,flats and bias no darks,c80ed and modded 450d with CLS filter,i know there is a lot of noise prob my processing......as i really dont know what i am doing.

It's still a very nice image you've produced. Processing is not a dark art it just takes time and practice. Have you had a look on YouTube for astrophotography Photoshop tutorials? It's surprising what you can pick up.

Personally I haven't been able to get out for some time now, let alone imaging & therefore equally, processing! All I'm saying to my wife when she asks how the stargazing went if I do manage to get out is: "waste of time... couldn't get XYZ to work!"  I may go back and do a bit of visual for a while. I miss those 'Wow!' moments. Trouble is my kit is so electronic based now it takes an absolute age to set up! Probably why I don't get out much.?

Archived