Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Canon 650d Remote WiFi Control??

Paul73

Hi Guys

I would like to control the above camara remotely from my laptop (no leads - 30 feet max). Turns out that the Canon EyeFi just downloads images by wifi and doesn’t support control of the camara. Typically for the 750d onwards you can do the whole lot from your phone!!!

Anyone found a workaround that doesn’t cost the earth?

Paul

Could you connect it to a stick PC with wi-fi and control it ( Backyard EOS) from up the garden with your laptop......  said stick can also do other low demand computerised tasks as well...

I'm saying this like I'm an expert,  ha !!!, but I've think I read and seen others do this..

4 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

Android app DSLR controller may do it using phone/tablet WiFi to camera to control picture taking.

The problem is that the advertised WiFi is just a data download function with no ability to control the camara.

12 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

The problem is that the advertised WiFi is just a data download function with no ability to control the camara.

DSLR Controller is great I use it with an OTG cable to my phone as my 1100d didn't have WiFi, but your camera does so why not see if it would be what you are after. Canon are open in design for people like the chap who wrote DSLR Controller or the people who write Magic Lantern do clever things with Canon.

49 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

DSLR Controller is great I use it with an OTG cable to my phone as my 1100d didn't have WiFi, but your camera does so why not see if it would be what you are after. Canon are open in design for people like the chap who wrote DSLR Controller or the people who write Magic Lantern do clever things with Canon.

Hi Guys

I use Canon WiFi adapter for my Canon 600D

Works like a treat

Can set for instantaneous or 2 second delay when imaging

https://www.camerapro.com.au/canon-rc-6-wireless-remote-control.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI646c8uKg4QIVhR0rCh2RYASNEAQYAiABEgKMTvD_BwE

Alternate model

https://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/hahnel-captur-module-timer

John

Thanks Guys

Canon advertise Wi-fi, but is really isn’t very versatile on these ‘older’ models. Image download only. I was worried that I had bought a pup. Googling got me nowhere. SGL members Come up with half a dozen different options in the space of a couple of hours! 

I’ll enjoy reading up on all of these and choosing the one that is right for me.

Paul

Even the cameras that have wi fi as standard have limited functionality depending on the model but when it works its brilliant, the only thing I cant do with mine is change the mode setting but everything else including switching between still and video is fine...

Alan

16 hours ago, happy-kat said:

@happy-kat and anyone else who used DSLR controller. I like the idea of plugging an old Galaxy tab or the like, into the camara and controlling form there. I’ve extended my home Wi-fi to cover some of the garden (I like to work outside). Can I pass data straight through the phone to the Cloud using the home WiFi? 

Does anyone do similar?

Do I need to worry about this? Will I fill an SD card in a night?

Sorry about all the questions. 

Paul

Archived