SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Port settings eqmod

solarboy

Hi all 

Just bought a new usb hub plugged everything in the only thing it reconised is the canon camera the guide camera eqmod the mount through cartes du ciel Will not connect eqmod can't find the port how do i set the port on the laptop. 

Any tips or advice would be much appreciated. 

Regards Solarboy 

have you tried to press on these bino's?

Button looks for active COM port.

P.S. what hub? my cheap / un-powered, worked fine with 3 devices, but was quite unreliable with 4.

powered one, works nice with 5 devices

P.P.S. Would suggest starting with only Mount Connected, - adding devices one by one later

Untitled.png.810e7459e578e47f0b65278861345346.png

just experiment, 

connect mount directly, press find for port.

if finds, - next step via  HUB.

If EQMOD does not finds via hub.... order another hub... 

If does not find even without a hub, - check the cable

but I guess, hub is a problem, not all of them work good enough

How are you connecting to the mount?

Directly or through the serial port in the hand controller.

If you are using the serial port via a USB to serial converter then for the converter to work it needs power from the USB port. If it works when directly connected to your laptop then that's probably the issue.

4 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Also have a look in Windows, 'Device Manager' under ports....

As Julian says - anything else if pointless -if device manager is NOT seeing the USB/Serial(TTL) device (assuming that is what you are using) under PORTS(COM/LPT) then not point in rying Eqmod it wont find it either.

As someone has already said unplug everything and start with the Mount only connection first - is it shown then ?

It may need the device driver again so watch for any messages.

Hi 

It was the com port it was set at 18 my son came around he knows a bit about computers and set it lower with my limited knowledge of laptops and how they work I did not know how to do that and it's now sorted it connected straight away. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Regards Solarboy 

Archived