Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can anyone identify this?

My friend, knowing that I have an interest in astronomy, asked me to identify the odd looking shapes in this holiday photo. It was taken in Zakynthos about 4/5 years ago, around July time. Apparently they were not visible with the naked eye but only showed up afterwards in the photo. She cannot remember the make or model of the camera or smartphone used. Other photos taken near the time did not show these shapes.

Are they something real or just some camera problem? I thought they might be the focussing assist light reflected off some flying insects. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

unknown.jpg

Must be camera/sensor artifacts.

I think if there was anything as interesting as that in the night sky...................

Most everyone would know about it.

As to what they are/cause............

Not a clue.

Middle frame  image one looks like an evil dogs head with glowing eyes. Next looks like a monkey of one kind or another and the furthest right looks like the hand of Fatima.

Archived