NGC3344

carastro

Was inspired by Alan's vastly superior 18 hour image two days ago, just before going to Astro camp in East Sussex.  I had never heard of this target before, but as, by the time the skies cleared, all my planned targets had sunk, I was left with galaxies I decided to give this one a go.  

Only managed to get just under 3 hours, compared to Alan's 18, so hoping to add to it next opportunity, but no chance from home. 

2 hours 55 mins (of which 1 hour 40mins luminance)
SWED120 & Atik428EX
Baader filters LRGB

spacer.png

Thanks Olly.  

despite short data.

Bane of my life Olly, Only go once a month to a dark location (if the weather plays ball).  Impossible to do LRGB from home.  Best I can do is 2 consecutive nights at camp if the sky plays ball, or two consecutive months on same target.  Will never get those really long exposures that some get, best I have managed on "anything" is about 11 hours and that is using my dual rig. 

Carole 

Archived