Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Backyard Time

Hawksmoor

3 hours ago, michaelmorris said:

Great photo and a nice looking set up. 

Just one thing - "Backyard"?  :icon_scratch:  Surely, one means "Garden" ?.  Is one perchance originally from across the pond? 

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding the photo and set up. No I'm not American, born at Maidstone in Kent but after 1968 I lived and worked in other parts of the UK including Manchester where 'backyards' were common currency. Our backyard is a bit small to warrant the title 'back garden' and is mostly paved so yard seemed appropriate.?

Best regards George

5 minutes ago, Demonperformer said:

My parents had two children, but unfortunately, some years ago, my brother .... decided to grow up so now there's only me!

I am the least favoured only child in my family so have sadly no siblings to set me a good example. I am encouraged by my nine grandchildren to remain outstandingly immature. To date I'm not aware of disappointing them in any significant way. Trust in the force DP.?

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/02/2019 at 08:46, michaelmorris said:

Great photo and a nice looking set up. 

Just one thing - "Backyard"?  :icon_scratch:  Surely, one means "Garden" ?.  Is one perchance originally from across the pond? 

Our garden is the place where we over yonder grow vegetables. LOL. Honestly, our average backyard is quite large in comparison to other's places (like what I see on this forum), even living in a large city or suburb. All that extra room has advantages (except when one has to mow it). But LP is bad nearly everywhere already. Sad...

Archived