Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to do a meridian flip?

smr

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could tell me how I can do a meridian flip. I'm not using any software other than APT so I'm guessing I would have to do this with the Synscan hand controller, but I'm not sure how to.

Using the handset, once your target gets past the Meridian, if you press the Enter button again it will automatically do a Meridian flip.  I have only done this when I have been well past the Meridian, but assume it will work once past at any point.

Carole 

17 minutes ago, smr said:

Just APT, I plan to use EQmod soon but I'm not yet.

I should start using EQmod as soon as you can, then you can use the new Meridian Flip tool in APT, I've used it a couple of times now and it appears to work well. It will do plate solve after the flip to check your target is still centred.

4 minutes ago, Dinglem said:

I should start using EQmod as soon as you can, then you can use the new Meridian Flip tool in APT, I've used it a couple of times now and it appears to work well. It will do plate solve after the flip to check your target is still centred.

Sounds great, to use EQmod am I right in thinking that I need to buy one of these... 

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/sky-watcher-mount-accessories/lynx-astro-ftdi-eqdir-usb-adapter-for-sky-watcher-eq5-pro-heq5-syntrek-pro-az-eq5-gt-az-eq6-gt-and-eq8-mounts.html

Archived