Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunar craters Aristoteles and Eudoxus, Feb 11th

acr_astro

Dear all,

tonight we had a clear skies with just some small clouds. The moon was in excellent position to be observed and sketched from my terrace. I have chosen the craters Aristoteles and Eudoxus and their surroundings.
The Eratosthenian crater Aristoteles with its 88km diameter is a great target for sketching. In its direct neighborhood we can see the smaller crater Mitchell (32km). South of them we find another beautiful crater named after a philosopher like Aristoteles: Eudoxus (70km diameter). This one is of Copernican age. West of Aristoteles, I could see the ghost crater Egede which was well lighted by the low sun.

20190211_Aristoteles_Eudoxus_small.JPG.9d4076bd64621b5222b22c40a3183cf5.JPG

Telescope: Martini 10" f/5 truss-tube Dobsonian
Eyepiece: Explore Scientific 6.7mm/82°
Date & Time: February 11th, 2019 / 1930-2045 CET
Technique: chalk and charcoal pens on black sketching cardbox
size: appr. 32cm x 32cm

Clear skies!

Achim

Yes another brilliant sketch. Well done. I'm impressed how clean you manage to keep your drawings and paper. Mine end up with smudges and smears all over the place! Great feeling of light falling across the craters.

Archived