Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

So I went looking for a competent but relatively cheap frac...

And have just pressed the button on a secondhand TMB 105 / f6.2 LZOS. An original assembled by Tom Back himself.

To say I’m giddy with anticipation is an understatement. Ok I blew the budget about 4 times over but hey - would I ever see another on the market?

Will give a first light report etc when it arrives and the clouds part :).

24 minutes ago, Victor Boesen said:

Nice! Was it the one from rothervalley optics?

Yep - really shouldn’t have but what would one new cost with the tube the used on the first run? Think even the APM second run ones were $$$$$  

Thought it was a fair price all things considered  and it will be a step up from the £800-1000 fracs of today. 

38 minutes ago, paul mc c said:

Now you know that the clouds are,nt going to part......we all know that,but look forward to when you get first light.

Indeed and I apologise in advance. May just get an early morning look at Jupiter and some lunar obs done but it’s for imaging I am really excited :)

They are superb scopes. You should get the original optical tests with the scope so you can see precisely how good the objective is.

The LZOS 105mm F/6.2 triplets are used in an early William Optics model and an APM model as well:

I have a TMB/LZOS 130 F/9.2 triplet so I've an idea how good these Russian optics are :smiley:

I read that review when I was trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger :)  

I’ve not read on negative comment about TMB / LZOS scopes and lots and lots of good things so I’m pretty sure I’ll be happy. 

Arrives tomorrow so will be eagerly awaiting clear skies in 18 months time or so :D 

Archived