Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Getting back into imaging after a long break

Gina

3m might give you more room for stretching the data though.  Probably worth looking at the histograms for each.

I've just called it a night.  Just warming up before I go to bed now.

James

Seems to be the same problem as the other night when I had a long run - some limitation on the mount movement.  When parking the mount does not go back to the proper position - RA is a couple of hours out.

HAH!!!  Been out to the observatory with the W7 laptop and tested the mount with imaging rig.  Found the problem - needs a meridian flip to give enough mount movement!!  Actually, the meridian flip could be done before starting with a starting time of 10pm.  If the rig had started on the other side there wouldn't have been a problem.

I need to get more familiar with KStars/Ekos.   I reckon there should be a way of getting the mount to slew the other way.  Maybe invert the reference image.

It might do.  But now I seem to have another problem.  Ran Ekos and all devices connected.  Then tried the solve and slew to object and mount reported connection failure.

849206237_Screenshotfrom2019-08-2918-59-14.png.b0299607c337a02b7cc7f2908dc843c1.png

50-50 here at the moment, which is just as well as I have to do some work this evening, starting about now.

The forecast is clear for a couple of hours after midnight, with an option on a bit more clear sky at 10pm, but I shan't be able to make the latter.

James

CO has improved slightly for two hours, showing orange rather than red.

Not really trying to image, rather dummy runs to sort out a software cussedness with ASA Sequence (Not to be confused with SGP).

A great big bank of black cloud has come over from the west and about to obscure the sky here so I have closed the roof and given up for tonight.

Tomorrow night has closed down a lot for me, too, but it's also showing clear on Saturday night.

Still some clear sky here tonight after midnight, but I'm still working and I think I might have had enough for today by then.

James

SII doesn't seem as good as last night.  This is a 3 minute exposure at maximum gain and temp of -20C.  Stretched in GIMP.

ROI_Light_SII_180_secs_2019-08-29T22-57-42_001.png.b4bc99b87820892d2a84a373b11f2206.png

Edited by Gina