SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Drool

Horwig

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Camera-Systems/XF-Camera-System/IQ3/XF-IQ3-100MP-Achromatic-Camera-System.aspx

What's not to like, max exposure 60 minutes, no beyer matrix, no ir cut filter and 100 Megapixel to boot

just a couple of questions, how could I mount it on an FSQ, and does anybody have the winning lottery numbers for next week??

5 minutes ago, fwm891 said:

Not to mention the size of the filters needed to cover the format...

Phaseone have always been superb. 

Yes that would have been my third question, so I'm going to need TWO lottery wins

$dayjob looked at the industrial PhaseOne units for 100MP aerial photography. A single 100MP frame from 1000ft up was incredible to behold and perfect edge-to-edge even in crap lighting conditions. Can't imagine how good they'd be as astrophotography sensors (though they don't have any cooled units, as far as I know) but they're north of £30k a sensor, easily... :icon_eek:

On 21/01/2019 at 18:05, Horwig said:

Yes that would have been my third question, so I'm going to need TWO lottery wins

Finally found a price for the back only, it's $49,000 that's £37,800 

Actually, Phase one will sell you a colour back, body and free lens of your choice for the same price

Chroma do a 65mm square HaLRGB set for only $3495, seems like a bargain?

All I need now is somebody to make a cooler for the chip, a filter wheel for 65mm sq filters, oh and a couple of quid?

6 hours ago, wimvb said:

Btw, does a Tak cover a 85 mm sensor size?

It should, it's quoted at 88mm, I'm also using a reducer 645, so that should be good as well, here's the FOV,  now that's what I call a widefield rig?

Phaseone.jpg.81bdb76f200bb979fc89801bff3c750d.jpg

The third lottery ticket would be for something like this to handle the stacking, wonder how PI would run on it, HP Z8, dual 28 core, 384Gig Ram

1174265147_Z8config.thumb.JPG.6de6a70dd61335cd511c0fc242321683.JPG

We can all dream big  (can't we?)?

1 hour ago, wimvb said:

Yes, but all that gear will probably be of no use without this little gadget.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/misc/zarkov-cloud-gun.html

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?

What's not to like, apart from difficulty illuminating the whole chip...and finding large enough filters and housing them in a suitable filter wheel...and download speed....and no cooling...and processing.  Ah, but great if you want to post your images on 5 metre high billboards!

Got to get one of those cloud guns though!

Archived