Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

books on telescopes, equipment etc

any recommendations on any books/magazines to learn about telelscopes and equipment, I'm finding myself picking scraps of information from different sites here and there, 

I realise there is a lot to take in but it would be much easier and quicker for me to get info I need from a book or something, there are books out there but any recommendations would be great.

its taken me an hour to find out whether or not my telescope would benefit from a wedge, now I actually know what one is and what it does, I absolutely do not need one in my life right now, but at the time (2 hours ago)...... it felt very important :) 

8 minutes ago, jonnydreads said:

any recommendations on any books/magazines to learn about telelscopes and equipment, I'm finding myself picking scraps of information from different sites here and there, 

I realise there is a lot to take in but it would be much easier and quicker for me to get info I need from a book or something, there are books out there but any recommendations would be great.

its taken me an hour to find out whether or not my telescope would benefit from a wedge, now I actually know what one is and what it does, I absolutely do not need one in my life right now, but at the time (2 hours ago)...... it felt very important :) 

Try this source...It has everthing you'll need to know about finding what kind of telescope you will need that will meet your requirements for observing....>

http://www.telescopenerd.com/

Klitwo

I love technical books, but they can get dated, by the release of newer kit, updated information or just reprinted and you want to buy the latest, but still handy to have as a reference..........I've got loads.
I still find it easier to get info on the web, but there are areas around me with no internet access, so a book is often carried to my work,  especially if I'm catching up on something/re-learning,  plus if the phones battery dies, so does any access to the www.

Hi there, the best introduction I have ever read is Robin Scargells 'Stargazing With A Telescope', it has everything you need to know about telescopes and how to use them, and ends with recommended targets etc.  Highly recommended, here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Stargazing-Telescope-Robin-Scagell/dp/1849073015/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1547551888&sr=1-1&keywords=stargazing+with+a+telescope

On 15/01/2019 at 11:40, rwilkey said:

Hi there, the best introduction I have ever read is Robin Scargells 'Stargazing With A Telescope', it has everything you need to know about telescopes and how to use them, and ends with recommended targets etc.  Highly recommended, here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Stargazing-Telescope-Robin-Scagell/dp/1849073015/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1547551888&sr=1-1&keywords=stargazing+with+a+telescope

I've ordered this ?

Archived