No binaries ! Fuzzy Tour !

cotterless45

Up and out there at 4. Finally got a shot of the comet 46/P. It was going down pdq over the roof in Taurus , very bright though. The sky was darker than usual and without the lights of neighbours.Lovely and calm with UMa overhead and Vega in the far north .

A chance to revisit some fuzzies. Not a lot here , but averted vision got results , including to the "Ghost of Jupiter" and the "Spindle galaxy "   NGC 3115 in Sextans. 

Then up to Canes Venatici and the "whale", tha' she blows ! A long streak across the ep. A tour of several old favourites . I had enjoyed resolving the stars of NGC 4449 under dark skies , well worth a shot. 

Over to Leo and a really good view of the complete triplet . Then a few of the brighter galaxies. Interesting to catch , but I'm not going aperture crazy. Did really enjoy the very open Porrima , back to reality and binaries. Fuzzies from the edge of town are still there , but not worth investing in mega aperture , or a second look !

Venus gave a beautiful crescent ?. Have a look ?! Clear skies !

Old Nick.IMG_6560.thumb.JPG.8ea80ee8c531756340fbe760c0d95a22.JPGIMG_6561.thumb.JPG.2cb13511269c319f183f2265fa311364.JPG

No doubles? Who are you and what have you done with Nick? ?

Great report. Those galaxies are more spring than winter for an evening observer like me. A glimpse of things to come! ? Galaxies are rather "tick and move on" from here too sadly. They come alive under the darker skies out of town though. I find that clusters can hold your attention though, even in suburbia.

Nice little outing Nick.

Reminds me of Elan and the view of the whale and hockey stick we got. A 9x50 finder scope was all that it took. Fabulous.

I guess it's not quite dark enough to catch NGC4627 underneath its belly?

Must get out and do some fuzzy hunting as it's just been an age.

I managed the Comet myself from home the other night in the mighty finder so need to get out and try the full 22" of aperture on this bright fast mover before it disappears.

Archived