SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First light with qhy16200A, heart nebula

hectorbdn

Hi there! I bought a mono ccd former in May and due to awful weather conditions I couldn't even test it till last weekend , since I started doing AP I was using a Canon 550D mooded so the jump in quality is just... Awesome.. 

31328669507_efdb97377e_b.jpgHeart Nebula by Héctor BcN, on Flickr

I know it lacks detail and stars are not pretty on the corners but I couldn't do better, this is just a single frame of 600 seconds each, S2 ha O3 

Hope you enjoy it! 

Greetings 

Héctor 

2 hours ago, RolandKol said:

:) wow :)  I cannot believe it ;)
your 30min looks like 1+ month worth of mine on ASI1600 :)
have you sabotaged all neighbour powerplants to get in a "cosmic like" darkness? :)

LOL for real, I'm the first to be surprised! I couldn't imagine there was so much signal for such few exposure time, while I was processing them I felt like..wth.. ?

first time processing NB it was tough... but fun anyways! 

I shot them under relatively good sky in a mountain near Barcelona, I couldn't manage very well to make work the phd guiding with Sgp using an OAG everything from the very first time so just happy of the result  ?

Thank you very much! 

29 minutes ago, RolandKol said:

Just for comparison :)

Also been testing few months ago,

x3 of total integration time than yours (SHO 6x300s each), from London +ASI1600 :)

embarrassing :)

Bubble Nebula and Friends

Not embarrassing at all! The bubble looks very cool to me! Just different kind of object I guess

I think you might improve the look of the nebulosity around with exponential transformation (pixiisnght), there are some very good tutorials out there! I sent you one with a private message :) 

2 hours ago, MartinFransson said:

That´s mental! 1 single sub per channel! ?

Looks fantastic for that amount of data! Might there be a spacing problem or lack of a field flattener? You have elongated stars in all corners.

I was about to say both of those points..

Superb for just 2 subs 

13 hours ago, MartinFransson said:

That´s mental! 1 single sub per channel! ?

Looks fantastic for that amount of data! Might there be a spacing problem or lack of a field flattener? You have elongated stars in all corners.

12 hours ago, Vixen4eva said:

Fantastic image.

Regards

Alan

11 hours ago, newbie alert said:

I was about to say both of those points..

Superb for just 2 subs 

Thank you very much for your kind words comrades, I really appreciate it ?

About the stars, the distance from the sensor to the flattener is not good, too much space in between, I ordered a company to make me a nice CNC adapter but I haven't get it yet, as soon as I get it I will try again, wish to get rid of those elongated stars hehe

Greetings 

Héctor 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2018 at 15:56, hectorbdn said:

Not embarrassing at all! The bubble looks very cool to me! Just different kind of object I guess

I think you might improve the look of the nebulosity around with exponential transformation (pixiisnght), there are some very good tutorials out there! I sent you one with a private message :) 

Ok ;) now the same target with ASI1600MM-Pro via SW130PDS :) From London and I am not a pro by any means :)

SHO - 20x300s each channel!!!! :)

OIII was very very bad!!! did my best to combine! :)
I need some mountains somewhere nearby! :)

Heart_N

49 minutes ago, RolandKol said:

Ok ;) now the same target with ASI1600MM-Pro via SW130PDS :) From London and I am not a pro by any means :)

SHO - 20x300s each channel!!!! :)

OIII was very very bad!!! did my best to combine! :)
I need some mountains somewhere nearby! :)

Heart_N

Hello Roland! nice to see you again! wow are you in London, the city!? that's heavily polluted man! , taking pictures with narrow band can do the trick but in my opinion nothing can replace a good sky pal! 

at least you can take pictures from the commodity of your garden , I can not lol (I don't even have balcony) my advice is to find some kind of association or ppl just wanna go out, everything is more fun with people around! nomad AP can be really annoying and tiring, you have to setup everything every time but it worth it! or.. in order to improve the SNR you might have to take hundreds of pictures ? 

tomorrow defying the cold we might go to even better sky than the other day! want to plan to shot at IC405 the flaming star, let's see how it goes ?

Greetings! 

Héctor

Yep, you are totally right Héctor. Nothing can compete with dark skies!

I do try to move out from time to time when Moon is off, but.... Clear skies in UK are rare and free time do not match usually! :) thats the real pain!

Hope you will have a nice session tomorrow! :)

3 minutes ago, RolandKol said:

Yep, you are totally right Héctor. Nothing can compete with dark skies!

I do try to move out from time to time when Moon is off, but.... Clear skies in UK are rare and free time do not match usually! :) thats the real pain!

Hope you will have a nice session tomorrow! :)

yeah.. that's a real pain in the a## , planets has to align themselves to everything to match for us to have a good sesion lol 

testing the camera inside the house due to my clumsiness I broke the switch for turn on and turn off the camera ? I hope it doens¡t bother to me tomorrow , I'm really worried about it 

nice to talk to you again , and thank you very much! hope so! 

switch.jpg

Archived