Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cant get a video capture card to install - assistance needed.

tooth_dr

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, symmetal said:

Did the folder you just downloaded contain 4 files called scb7000 with 4 different extensions? Just to confirm you got the right ones.

Alan

Yes that’s what was in it! Sounds like maybe I’m not directing the driver search correctly or something else daft lol.  

3 minutes ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Contact the vendor and as if it comes with drivers.  If they so no, ask where they can be downloaded :D

James

Just now, JamesF said:

Contact the vendor and as if it comes with drivers.  If they so no, ask where they can be downloaded :D

James

? worth a shot! 

Whats my options for an alternative? I’ve an easycap dongle and that isn’t working either. Perhaps it’s me :( 

But I tried easycap on 3 machines and it won’t work. 

9 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

? worth a shot! 

Whats my options for an alternative? I’ve an easycap dongle and that isn’t working either. Perhaps it’s me :( 

But I tried easycap on 3 machines and it won’t work. 

No idea why the easycap dongle wouldn't work with the RCA input, at least.  One of the possible downsides of this Stretch card is that it appears to give a compressed video stream as output.  Personally I'd prefer access to a frame buffer of some sort I'd think.  I don't know if that's possible these days though.  I kind of lost interest in what video cards actually did once it become possible to pull the transmitted transport stream directly off them (I use them in a PC to record television programmes).

James

58 minutes ago, JamesF said:

No idea why the easycap dongle wouldn't work with the RCA input, at least.  One of the possible downsides of this Stretch card is that it appears to give a compressed video stream as output.  Personally I'd prefer access to a frame buffer of some sort I'd think.  I don't know if that's possible these days though.  I kind of lost interest in what video cards actually did once it become possible to pull the transmitted transport stream directly off them (I use them in a PC to record television programmes).

James

The easycap dongle wont install.  I've had it 9.5 years and I dont think it's ever worked, maybe a duff one.

The guys on Nemetode recommended one called the Osprey 210 but my PC is SFF and this card is full size.  I have a large carcass here, I wonder can you just swop over the internals?  Otherwise there is the Pinnacle Dazzler dongle... what a class name.

It seems that "EasyCap" is a generic name applied to a group of different capture devices using different chipsets and needing different drivers, so there's room for confusion there if you don't get the correct driver.  Really not helpful :(

James

13 minutes ago, JamesF said:

It seems that "EasyCap" is a generic name applied to a group of different capture devices using different chipsets and needing different drivers, so there's room for confusion there if you don't get the correct driver.  Really not helpful :(

James

I have the CD that came with it. Still doesn’t bloody work lol 

Archived