Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

My submission for 46P Wirtanen

Details:

Single exposure, 1 minute iso 1250

Nikon 800E full frame - edge cropped

Altair Astro 115 EDT-APO  refractor on iOptron iEQ45 Pro mount.

Capture: SG Pro, guiding PHD 2 via SX Lodestar

Processing: PixInsight 1.8 and Photoshop CS3 Extended (for caption and resizing)

46P-Wirtanen_07122018.png

Edited by fwm891
2nd image added
  • Like 8

2nd image added - Moved to new entry

Edited by fwm891
  • Like 1

Nice pics - but I think you are supposed to have a separate thread for each entry to make sure one isn't overlooked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By QuantumEcho
      A friend had sent me these images. The object wasn't moving, and claims it produced bright flashes. The images were taken with a phone (unfortunately) on the 5th and 6th of January. Perhaps some of you might have a logical answer. He says he doesn't believe it's a UFO (otherwise I probably wouldn't be friends with him anymore), so I doubt it's fabricated.

edit: I should also note that this was taken in Serbia, Kovin, around 1AM. 

• By robin_astro
      A spectrum of Comet 46P (Wirtanen) with the ALPY600. 

The raw spectrum image before sky background subtraction. Note as well as the comet spectrum, the bright Na D line from local light pollution and other auroral lines from natural airglow
      The coma extended beyond the length of the slit so a separate sky spectrum was recorded and subtracted

The Spectrum of the bright central region is dominated by the scattered light from the sun while the spectrum of the extended coma is mainly emission from excited molecules such as CN (The very bright line in the UV), C3,  C2 (The Swan bands which give the coma its blue green colour) and NH2

By removing the emission component from the spectrum of the central region and dividing it by the spectrum of a sunlike star recorded the same evening, the reflectance spectrum of the dust can be extracted

Robin
    • By alexbb
      I'm still dizzy after processing this one for each LRGB filter.
      Comet 21P meets open cluster M37 in the night/morning of 10/11 September, at perihelion.
      This is a combination of 60s x 30 x 4 subs, taken through the SW130PDS with an ASI1600MMC.
      https://www.astrobin.com/366252/
      No deconvolution applied, only noise reduction. About the remaining noise?! ... yes, please. Unfortunately the light pollution at home didn't let me record more.
      Thanks for watching and clear skies!
      Alex

• By barkingsteve
      500 x 4 second frames at 20 fps. 33 minutes timelapse. Taken tonight with an evolution 925 at F/6.3 and an altair astro GPCAM3 385c camera. Mount decided to be a dick towards the end ? 

• By smisy
      I just tried to see the moving of this object. I made 20 frames with my Huawei P10 smartphone, with the monochrome camera. My star tracking is not so sharp, I have alt-az mount, I used only 10 sec expositions at ISO 1600. The shots was taken in every 10-12 minutes in this time intervall: 00:16-03:53am 2018. 08.16. Celestron Nexstar 8 SE, 25mm plössl eyepiece (magnification 80x). Of course I used a good adapter too. Frames has added with Gif maker pro mobile application. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.