Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first ever picture...

Viktiste

So here it is (M31). Not much compared to all the amazing pictures I see on here, but it is a start. For one I now know I can achieve focus with a DSLR (Cannon EOS 550D) and my Skywatcher 200P (Mount is a HEQ5 Pro). Not very accurate polar alignment and just 4 frames (with variable exposure times) stacked in DSS. Still learning... so many things to digest. At least for me it is a a proof of concept. And I am starting to think that time (in addition to money) is going to be an issue...

M31.jpg

Well done! 

You've actually captured more than you may have noticed - a quick stretch (below) shows the beginning of a dust lane or two -  but now you know it can be done there's many more adventures waiting to be had with the 200P!

And welcome to the slippery slope of equipment purchase...

435411586_M31stretched.jpg.99cf3ed5b46283a3ff9eeb07ddb8cce2.jpg

Well Done! AP is a "hard mistress" as some would say but taking you first image will propel you into a world of agony and ectasy improving as you go, I've been imaging for 2 years and my AP is getting better but still way behind were I want to be? keep up the work! Ton

Archived