Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ascom wont connect to mount

paul mc c

34 minutes ago, paul mc c said:

Hello all,got a new win 10 laptop and cant get Ascom to move mount,when i connect to PHD2 i am getting a message saying  "connect error port not available".

Any ideas how to sort this.

Paul.

Hi Paul

I spent almost 3 hours trying to literally do the same thing last week on a windows 7 pc.  Check what port EQMOD adapter is configured for (control panel>system>device manager>ports) and go into eqmod toolbox and set it 

• 2 weeks later...

This is the second consecutive night I can’t get my mount to connect to an eqmod Bluetooth adapter.

APT opening screen just stays on ‘connecting with mount’ but before that I hear it saying camera connected and filter wheel connected. APT doesn’t open.

Toolbox says Port not available but I’m matching the port with that shown in Device Manager.

It happened before on another night but connected after 2-3 hours after general messing about with settings. It has worked since then but last time and tonight I can’t get mount connected.

Any suggestions guys?!

16 minutes ago, Marci said:

Is PHD2 connected to the mount successfully, whilst APT cannot... and if so, if you disconnect PHD2, does APT then connect... or does _nothing_ connect successfully?

That didn’t work either but thanks for the suggestion.

Whilst outside again I had a thought.

This above problem coincides with me creating a new user on the pc.

I restarted the pc and logged in again but this time I just right clicked eqmod toolbox and ‘ran as administrator’ and it connected first time.

Is this a coincidence?

2 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

That didn’t work either but thanks for the suggestion.

Whilst outside again I had a thought.

This above problem coincides with me creating a new user on the pc.

I restarted the pc and logged in again but this time I just right clicked eqmod toolbox and ‘ran as administrator’ and it connected first time.

Is this a coincidence?

I my self cant get the mount to pulse guide,dont know how many nights now and still no joy,i can get my old laptop working no problem,but when i connect the new one no joy.When i use guiding assistant when on second window i get a message saying measuring backlash,could not clear north backlash,test failed.I am at a loss.

1 minute ago, paul mc c said:

I my self cant get the mount to pulse guide,dont know how many nights now and still no joy,i can get my old laptop working no problem,but when i connect the new one no joy.When i use guiding assistant when on second window i get a message saying measuring backlash,could not clear north backlash,test failed.I am at a loss.

It's a nightmare sometimes.  It was finally working, slewing to target, and then stopped.  Traced it to a soldered joint in my power cable that was a little loose.  I have just done a repair and am now taking my first sub.  I'm thankful it's working, but it just shows you that there are many things that can go worng.  I hope you get sorted Paul.

Archived