Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Driver Support

barkis

I have been paying $9.99 a month to the above to keep my drivers updated.
Mostly the drivers for Astro devices, which includes my CCD Cameras, Filter wheel 
etc, etc.  Plus programme Optimizations whatever the hell they are.

However, I've been alerted by my Malware prog, that there is a problem with their security
and I can't even get on to their site to pose questions.
In the meantime., I have un installed the programme, and cancelled the direct payments via Paypal until
their problem is rectified.

Anyone else using DS, and If so, have you got the same issues,.
 Even clicking web linlks to their Websites brings up a warning message on my screen.
Cheers.
Ron.

$9.99 for what?....Sorry but that is ridiculous, it takes 5 mins once a month to just check and most software will tell you when there is an update, SGP and PHD2 do and the rest are just a quick visit to the ASCOM site.

There's the old adage if it ain't broke why fix it!

1 hour ago, barkis said:

I have been paying $9.99 a month to the above to keep my drivers updated.
Mostly the drivers for Astro devices, which includes my CCD Cameras, Filter wheel 
etc, etc.  Plus programme Optimizations whatever the hell they are.

However, I've been alerted by my Malware prog, that there is a problem with their security
and I can't even get on to their site to pose questions.
In the meantime., I have un installed the programme, and cancelled the direct payments via Paypal until
their problem is rectified.

Anyone else using DS, and If so, have you got the same issues,.
 Even clicking web linlks to their Websites brings up a warning message on my screen.
Cheers.
Ron.

I don't use or have ever heard of them, Ron, but the site works for me using Mac.

Cheers Ray. None of the various links to their various sites are permitted to connect due to some problem or other.  Enquiries on the internet on general have revealed there is some issue they are having seems odd your Mac.is not rejecting them.

PayPal ha just confirmed they have cancelled further payments.  I will resume the mic and when this problem is sorted.

Ron

11 minutes ago, barkis said:

Just tried on my OnePlus 6T, and a "phishing link detected"   message flashed up.

Sounds like you've done the right thing uninstalling it and cancelling your PayPal payments, Ron.  Something not right there.

4 minutes ago, RayD said:

Sounds like you've done the right thing uninstalling it and cancelling your PayPal payments, Ron.  Something not right there.

Yep! I hope they sort thing out. I struggled a bit with driver installations, so I gave them a try, and they sorted them out pretty quick. Never had a problem until now. I only became aware this morning, when I realised the link to the prog. had disappeared from my Desktop.     I tried to initalize the prog. Via the exe. File, it was then the warning hit the screen. I started to think it might be something to do with the O2 outage that has just been resolved today. I'm on EE, so a bit unlikely.

Archived