Plate solving software with CDC and EQMOD

cuivenion

Hi, I've been using All Sky Plate Solver with EQMOD and Cartes Du Ciel. Unfortunately it's developed a bug so I'm looking for an alternative. Both ASPS and Astrotortilla haven't been updated for a couple of years now, so I'm looking for a plate solver that will send sync commands to eqmod and is currently supported. I can't seem to find much on the net so any help would be much appreciated.

One last thing and I can't remember doing it myself but try running ASPS with Administrative Priv ("run as Admin") - just in case its a simple permissions problem on your PC ?

Platesolve2 and Astrotorilla etc all use the same Unix/linux backend (using Cygwin) to do platesolving and so only normally  fail when parameters are wrong or the image is not producing enough stars. ASPS must work (and does) when using APT so please check your settings (excluding Location)

Never used it in anger but there is ASTAP which has Platesolving and the Gentleman is on SGL and does provide support - Sorry "Mr/Mrs ASTAP" forgot your name ?  http://www.hnsky.org/astap.htm but just use the Platesolving bit ?

Hope you get sorted ?

On 24/11/2018 at 17:26, cuivenion said:

Thanks for the replies, I was looking for a stand alone plate solver. I already have imaging software I use. I've never had much luck in getting Astrotortilla to work.

To the best of my knowledge below an overview of all solvers and front-ends available. Astrometry.net is dominant but you need a front-end to sync your mount. No information was added about the possibility to sync the mount directly:

1407519487_astrometricsolvers.thumb.png.4fa1c446ffd787bee63e9b21188ab3aa.png

Archived