Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Why not so many reviews about ES 28mm68?

godra

There might be few reviews on that specific focal length as you wouldn't need the 24 and 28. With the 24 maxing out the field of view for a 1.25" eyepiece you can see why it would be more popular of the two. 

I used to own the 16 and 24mm eyepieces in the line. Optically they are nice eyepieces. Not quite perfect but at the level where that is really splitting hairs. 

The 28mm ES-68 is optically the same as the 28mm Meade 5000 SWA and 28mm ES Maxvision 68, so search for reviews on them as well.  By all accounts, they have less pincushion distortion than the 27mm Panoptic, but have poorer edge correction because of it.  At that focal length, I found I preferred the 30mm APM UFF over the 27mm Panoptic.  You'll also get larger true and apparent fields of view with the APM versus the ES.  I compared them to several others in my collection here,  here and here.

On 18/11/2018 at 01:08, Louis D said:

The 28mm ES-68 is optically the same as the 28mm Meade 5000 SWA and 28mm ES Maxvision 68

Yes, I had the Meade flavour in my 150/f5, no complaints at all, for the money. For me it was maxing the scope out in terms of wide field and exit pupil and once the scope went so did the EP.  As with a few item I've had and sold, I wish i'd hung onto it now.

Archived