Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42- 600s single sub

laser_jock99

great image!  i was thinking about that CC as an option with my 250pds...and then i saw the price...€950...gulp... i guess i have to stay with the Baader and the F4.7

Kudos to you for trying that out though... I'll just add it to my 'In case of a lottery win wish list' ?

39 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

An incredible single sub image.

I am very new to all this but I guess you cannot remove the Satellite trail when using one sub?

Steve 

Thanks- tricky to remove the sat trail from a single sub. Unfortunateley Orion is rife with satelite trails as it sits on Celestial Equator and all Geostationary Satelites that live there.....

On 04/11/2018 at 19:54, laser_jock99 said:

Another single sub in Orion- this time 600s of M42. Taken with a GSO 8" F4 Newtonian scope and ASA Keller 0.7x coma corrector reducer (giving an effective focal ratio of F2.9). Camera was a Fujifilm IS Pro full spectrum @ ISO 1000. From a dark sky site in Mid Wales.

45668679542_c8bd2c03c5_o.jpg

Beatiful image especially a single sub.

Please tell me more about that Fujifilm IS Pro, I understand that they have a Nikon mount, what’s the backfocus like and I understand they are difficult to buy?

17 hours ago, Jkulin said:

Please tell me more about that Fujifilm IS Pro, I understand that they have a Nikon mount, what’s the backfocus like and I understand they are difficult to buy?

The FujiFilm IS Pro is something of rare camera, originally sold for forensic scientific use- with a price to match. I guess they never sold many as Fuji dumped the remaining stock in 2010 at a knock down price. I picked up mine for about £400- not bad at the time for a pro DSLR body. More information about the camera here:

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/7693570730/fujifilmispro

You might be able to find used one sale - but they are quite rare. To be honest any full spectrum modified DSLR will be as good (or better if it's a newer camera).  The Nikon F mount is standard Niikon back focus 46.5mm compared to Canon-EF at 44mm.

Archived