Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

anyone know if there is a comet in Andromeda

toxic

Wonderful capture, Chris! 

I photographed 64P/Swift-Gehrels earlier this month but I haven't kept tabs on its track since, so I'm so glad I saw your post and the follow-ups by star101 and Dave. Thanks, all, for posting!

I was already out imaging IC 1396 under beautiful skies, but was then able to turn towards M31. Swift-Gehrels is still nicely framed with M31 at 135mm (with a cropped sensor).

Best regards, Mike.

Here's my capture from Tuesday evening. Swift-Gehrels had not moved very far, Chris, since your image was taken a few hours previously.

I used a Canon EOS 600D and 70-300mm lens at 135mm and f/5.6 (I don't often use the zoom for imaging, by the way, but just happened to have it on the camera already). 11 x 4-minute frames at ISO 3200, registered and stacked using Deep Sky Stacker and post-processed with Canon Digital Professional (for curves) and Cyberlink PhotoDirector (for noise reduction and colour balance correction).

Regards, Mike.

M31 and Swift-Gehrels c.jpg

that is very nice indeed Mike the image i posted was from the last part of the image run the first part is with the back side of my house facing east 5 x 10 second with tracking turned off.

161058534_Andromedabetweenthehouses.jpg---psp.thumb.jpg.fd89595465f51a756a969d1d99580323.jpg

then combined them for the final image above

10 hours ago, toxic said:

that is very nice indeed Mike the image i posted was from the last part of the image run the first part is with the back side of my house facing east 5 x 10 second with tracking turned off.

161058534_Andromedabetweenthehouses.jpg---psp.thumb.jpg.fd89595465f51a756a969d1d99580323.jpg

then combined them for the final image above

What an awesome sky.... I wish we had something like the Andromeda galaxy down here....

Archived