Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 HaLRGB

Xplode

It's been a while since i posted anything here, i'm starting with this one and hoping there will be more images ready for posting soon!

Taken with a Moravian G3-16200 through a Takahashi FSQ130-ED with a 645 0.7x focal reducer (f/3.5) on a10 Micron GM2000 mount from a remote observatory in Norway.

16x600s L
22x300s R
14x300s B
20x300s G
22x600s Ha
Sensortemp -30C
Total 11 hours.

The odd number of frames per channel comes from a lot of data being thrown away due to clouds.

All data is gathered by me from Askvang Observatory over 6 nights in october and processed by Ola Skarpen.

wvCSmFAJTgJa_1824x0_IUFMdMam.jpg

Thanks to Tommy Linnerud for allowing me to use his remote observatory and Ola skarpen for the processing.

There's something about shots of Andromeda that never get old, this one is beautiful, i wonder if anyone gets as lost as i do, when seeing M31 like this. I imagine the size of such a galaxy, some hundred thousand plus light years across, billions of stars, and who knows how many possible forms of life across its countless planets and moons, and here i am, looking at it from end to end, like some god .

Archived