SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ieq 45 pro vs heq6r pro

hello everyone! 

im considering to buy mount to the telescope esprit sky watcher 120 mm apo.

which mount is better? the ieq seems to be more precise and better but the heq6r pro seems to be more friendly and convenient user and the user interface looks more friendly... but i dont know... any thoughts about these two mounts to especially for astrophotography?

thanks!!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you need to recheck the model numbers. However if you are outside the UK and you are quoting local SW models then I regret I can’t help. You might mean HEQ5 and EQ6r and if so the EQ6 is heavier and more expensive than the HEQ5 but both should cope well with your refractor. If the weight and cost are not issues then I would go for the EQ6.

1 hour ago, hubble space telescope said:

hello everyone! 

im considering to buy mount to the telescope esprit sky watcher 120 mm apo.

which mount is better? the ieq seems to be more precise and better but the heq6r pro seems to be more friendly and convenient user and the user interface looks more friendly... but i dont know... any thoughts about these two mounts to especially for astrophotography?

thanks!!!!

Links would be handy! :)

I am not familiar with iEQ45 Pro, but if it does not work with EQMOD, I would look only towards SW

as I cannot imagine my guiding and imaging night without EQMOD.
Maybe there are other drivers who will connect iEQ45 Pro to pc, not sure... Investigate.

P.S.

found some, https://www.ioptron.com/category-s/138.htm

but check and double check

In a nutshell, EQMOD is designed for Skywatcher mounts to be used as a remote hand controller from your PC. Celestron also do a similar thing called Nexremote. ASCOM is a universal platform interface that allows you to connect all your devices, mounts, cameras, guiding, dome controls etc. Go to the ASCOM website, there is a lot of information there, plus all the necessary drivers for your equipment. All free to download to.

I hope this helps

John  

Personally, I own a Celestron CGEM, I had my issues, but they turned out to be software related. Overall, I am very happy with my mount, and hundreds of skywatcher owners will say the same. At the end of the day, putting it crudely, your buying a Ford Mount, not a Rolls Royce. 50% of owners will say it was the bees knees straight out of the box, 25% will say they have had minor issues, and the other 25% will say they've had nothing but trouble. At the end of the day, don't expect quality control on a £1500 mount to as good as a £20,000 + mount.

Make yourself a shortlist of the mount you require, budget, payload capacity etc, then google the reviews for that particular mount, and see what floats your boat. Bare in mind though, most critical reviews are from the 25% that purchased the Monday Car as they used to say. Also Check out youtube.

John

1 hour ago, hubble space telescope said:

does anyone here have or had the ieq 45 pro mount?

I have an iEQ45 V2 older than the Pro which has some improvements, I bought it to take to star parties because of its light weight.

The Alt/ Az' adjustment on the iEQ45 is better than the SW ones and the polar alignment works well.

Handset is annoying as you can't hold down the buttons to scroll you have to keep pressing it for each step.

Dave

3 minutes ago, hubble space telescope said:

but the tracking and the mount works good and accurate? 

I've used mine with 110mm f/7  triplet refractor which works OK, also tried with 152mm refractor which was a bit too much for it  when loaded with imaging gear.

The 45 in the name I believe indicates the weight carrying capacity in pounds but I think this is a bit optimistic especially for long refractors it's better with short SCTs.

I have had mine to bits and done a few mods to upgrade it to later mechanical spec so it works better than the original.

Dave

17 hours ago, hubble space telescope said:

does anyone here have or had the ieq 45 pro mount?

My husband has the older v2 IEQ45. He uses it in the alt az mode for video astronomy and is happy with it. Lots of items in the hand control and gps built in which is good for starparties etc. 

I have the IEQ30PRO pro which is the little brother if the IEQ45 Pro. I control it using Ioptron commander and a Maxim DL for target acquisition and guiding. I only use it for travelling as I also have an observatory based elderly EQ6 with belt drives, out of the two, the IEQ30PRO is by far the best at tracking. I do run it through a POTH Hub I. maxim dl as I had a problem with disconnections when a second programme tried to access the mount, ie Platesolve2. At home eqmod allows multiple connections to the eq6.  

When the pro versions of the Ioptron mounts came out the innards were vastly improved especially for imaging. If I ever upgrade my eq6 I would certainly look at the cem60 as a replacement.

21 hours ago, hubble space telescope said:

why you moves from sky watcher to ioptron?

I had an HEQ5 and even after hypertuning it wasn'y able to handle the weight of my RC and I didn't like the back lash, so I sold it and bought an AZ-EQ6-GT, again the back lash wasn't good and I had the DEC handle sticking out ready to catch any trailing cable. I also didn't like its ability to accurately slew to a target, it was always slightly off.

I did my research and took the iOptron option after reading the reviews, absolutely bang on every time, love it, probably one of the best purchases that I had ever made.

Archived