A Brief Bubble

tomato

After a very frustrating period (set up four times based on a consensus of promising forecasts, only to be thwarted by clouds every time), I managed to get 75 mins Ha on this object  before the object was lost behind my front porch. It’s as grainy as hell, but that’s what I get with such a meagre integration time.

scope SW Esprit 150

mount Mesu 200

Camera G2-8300

Filter 7nm Baader

Calibrated and processed in APP

Is the bubble supposed to be spherical? It looks decidedly eggy in this shot.

Thank for looking.

CC30204D-4EFA-42D3-B2C6-10CE9A492387.jpeg

That’s looking good. How many subs do you have for your 75mins? Noise will certainly ebb away as you add more subs. The question always becomes which will win in the trade off between sub number vs sub length; is it better to go for longer subs and perhaps deeper data or shorter subs so you have more of them to eliminate the noise, but at the cost of detail? Oh how we love a quandary!

As for the eggy Bubble, definitely not perfectly spherical and exactly as your image shows, slightly elongated and ovoid.

Thank you PhotoGav,

I currently take 15 minute subs with the Ha filter, I could probably go to 20 minutes without a problem, I just need more time to experiment. Needless to say, my move to a permenant observatory is eagerly anticipated.

Archived