Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The JW Telescope.

barkis

Engineers took advantage of wiring the two halves of the JW. Using ground cabling. They were delighted that the Comms between the two was declared a huge success. I think a big sigh of relief  was to be heard through the complex at this successful test.  Onward and upward, so let's all hope this good news becomes a habit that leads  to the successful placing of this super instrument in it's operational position in space. 

Yep! A few squeaky bums when that candle lights up Stu.  not least my own?.   It is going to be  a hairy time right up to first light, and I'm bypassing all the intervening potential threats up until that precious moment.                                          I hope with every fibre in me, that it all comes together successfully.   I'm sure every Pro. and Amateur  wants the same outcome.

Makes putting men  on the moon (and returning them safely to Earth) a piece of cake by comparison,  sort of, at least there was somebody on hand to fix things when they go wrong, thank goodness the HST was in close earth orbit. With the JWT, it just all has to work, awesome.....??

I would guess that the same thing will happen when all the new data comes down, with the result
that more questions will need answers the boffins won't have, and resulting head scratching will go on.
Will The birth of the Universe  be revealed?  I doubt it.

Archived