NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Veil Nebula - 4 pane Mosaic - Like never before...

PhotoGav

I was trying to stitch together the four panes of my Veil mosaic in APP yesterday and it was 'having some issues'. I finally resolved those issues, but the first two attempts created some rather fantastic results.

I give you 'The Veil Nebula - 4 Pane Mosaic - Like never before... 1':

APP_Veil_WeirdMosaic_01.thumb.png.d2d73a39e355bdb51b6bb1bf01216103.png

And 'The Veil Nebula - 4 Pane Mosaic - Like never before... 2':

APP_Veil_WeirdMosaic_02.thumb.png.38b5976cd4a478a98affe413d01c89d0.png

Mmmmm.... can you make out Pickering's Triangle?!

4 minutes ago, tomato said:

Surreal! My only attempt at a mosaic to date  was stiching two panels together for the Eastern Veil, using APP. It worked very well, but after seeing this I'll take a deep breath when going beyond two panes...

APP is amazing for mosaic stitching. The problem here was with just one pane. When integrating the subs I had selected 'Reference' as the crop mode. APP didn't like that at all when it came to stitching the four panes together. I redid the subs integration using 'Full' crop mode and it liked the results a whole lot better for the mosaic stitching. Lesson learned! But I rather like APP's secret desire to be an abstract artist...!

13 minutes ago, tomato said:

Good to know, looking forward to your SGL SP APP talk. 

I agree with you on the output, so much more enriching than ‘the computer says no’.

I'm working on the SGL talk stuff and that's when this happened. I cursed for a bit thinking how the heck am I going to present this??!!!?? Thankfully found the problem and it works as perfectly as it should. Have to say, I'm learning loads more than I ever knew about APP while preparing the talk. Only problem is I now think I should go back and reprocess every image I've ever taken!!!

Archived