Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette

Tim

Rosette Nebula from last wednesday. WO72 with FFII, 350D. Lights, darks, flats & bias, about two hours worth.

Posted this with the others, but wasn't happy with the way the jpg ended up, so here is the redux file, and also a link to the full size Jpg (7.3mb)

Yes, I know that WO72's dont usually have diffraction spikes, but I made a little wire crosshair to help with focus and left it on. I kind of like the effect.

Cheers

TJ

Full size here http://ukastronomers.com/Tim/action/download_files/fileid/61

9777_normal.jpeg

(click to see medium size version)

Ooh, forgot to ask, there is a wierd lighter coloured ball like structure in the lower right part of the image, at the edge of the nebulosity (near the mouth on the 'skull').

Anybody got any idea what this is? Is it a reflection of something in the tube perhaps? Dont usually get them on the WO72 though??

Thanks

TJ

Yet another Cracker Tim :)

Will have to pay that a visit with mine and I have a cracking image to compare it with now...

I Like the diffraction spikes...

I made a quick and dirty Bahnitov for my 72 the other night out of some 240 gsm photopaper...

Billy...

PS. I think I should learn how to spell it or just call it that B&^*&^T*& Mask...

Archived